Ceremonies for Life
Ceremony invites us to
- connect to the deepest parts of ourselves
- take time out of our lives to stop and listen
- step into a space that is magical, timeless, and kind
- speak a truth
- see and hear one another
- journey to joyful and difficult places together
- emerge feeling renewed, connected, and whole
As a celebrant I help compose ceremonies that honor our experiences and strengthen our hearts. Each ceremony I perform is unique, woven from the threads of the lives and seasons involved. We co-create the ceremony together, choosing the resonant music, readings, moments of participation, and embodiment practices such as dance, smells, and food.
I imagine a future where ceremony is re-woven back into our lives: where we know we can trust the thresholds of life because we feel connected to something greater than ourselves.
And I do believe that if your culture or tradition doesn’t have the specific ritual you are craving, then you are absolutely permitted to make up a ceremony of your own devising, fixing your own broken-down emotional systems with all the do-it-yourself resourcefulness of a generous plumber/poet.
– Elizabeth Gilbert
- Expectant parents
- Transitioning into adolescence
- Leaving for college
- Mother’s Day ceremony for those without mothers
- New office
- Moving out of an old home and into a new home
- Returning from war
- Returning to the community after time away
- Healing ceremonies for those experiencing a unique transition, such as someone going into cancer treatment
- Retirement and moving into a new phase of life
- Death anniversaries
As a certified Life-Cycle Celebrant® I will
- Deeply listen. Learning from you, I will take the time to listen to stories and reflections shared by family and friends.
- Personalize. We partner together to create a ceremony that reflects your personality, lifestyle, character and values.
- Collaborate. We will work together to create a personalized ceremony that may include quotes, music, symbols and rituals.
- Keep communication clear and bright. All aspects of the ceremony will be approved by you before the ceremony is delivered.
- Welcome all. The ceremony will reflect the beliefs, values, wishes and cultural background, religious or non-religious, of your loved one and your family
Fees (Fair Energy Exchange)
My fee varies based on the type of ceremony and the amount of preparation involved. The range is typically $350-$500. I offer a free 30-minute consultation so we can learn about each other and see if we’re a good fit. Please send me a note if you’re interested.
“We reached out to Anne as the one-year anniversary of the death of our son, Joe, was approaching. Our family didn’t know what to do to mark that terribly sad day. We were overwhelmed with emotions and still in shock, so a friend of ours suggested we reach out to Anne. The moment Anne entered our home we all felt her gentleness, kindness and compassion. She got to know us and our son, Joe. We all shared our ideas for the ceremony and Anne offered her own. She helped us put together a heartfelt, intimate ceremony to mark that day. By the end of the meeting with Anne, we felt a sense of relief. We felt strongly supported, and we had a clear plan. We are so appreciative of Anne’s support, guidance and compassion and wouldn’t hesitate to call her again or recommend her to others. For those of us who are experiencing deep grief and loss, Anne and her services are a godsend.”