It was a ceremony with ritual and something in me was ignited.
I later became a Camp Counselor and Wilderness guide, leading adolescents through the wilderness, exploring uneven terrain, unspeakable beauty, unexpected weather, the highs of summiting a mountain and the lows of waking up to a cold rainy day and trying to start a fire. Nature provided a perfect container for us to step out of the ordinary and into a sacred relationship with ourselves and nature.
For me, I am still a wilderness guide. Walking with people during times of unspeakable joys, tragic and unforeseen challenges, known endings and wildly anticipated beginnings.
I bring strength, beauty, and balance to the work that I do so that people can feel completely supported through their experience. The sacred thread pulling me through each day is the belief that when we come to understand what is ‘ours to do’ we claim strand that connects us all to the sacred web of life.
I live close to the riverbanks of the Mississippi in St. Paul, Minnesota, with my dear husband, two teenage children, and our dog Luna. Music, nature and relationships are my allies. I play the guitar and sing every day. I prefer hugs to handshakes. I enjoy a good lake swim. I love laughing until I cry.
Experiences & Certifications
e Ho , T,
Celebrant, Home Vigil Guide & Death Educator
- Life-Cycle Celebrant, Funerals and Memorials, Celebrant Foundation and Institute
- Loving, Dying and Letting Go, teacher trained, Amy Wright Glenn
- Death Doula Training, Doula Givers
- Ancestral Lineage Training, Daniel Foor, Ancestral Medicine
- Spiritual Direction Certification, Sojourners Institute
- Healing and Transitions Celebrant, The Celebrant Institute
- Home Funeral Guide, Final Passages
- Advanced Health Care Directives, Honoring Choices Minnesota
- Being with the Dying with Frank Osteseki and Joan Halifax, Upaya Zen Center
- Midwifing Death, Aslan Institute
- Co-founder 2018-current, Minnesota Death Collaborative
- Board Member 2014-17, National Home Funeral Alliance
- Leadership Circle 2013-current Minnesota Threshold Network
- Volunteer 2018-current, National End-of-Life Doula Association (NEDA)
- Volunteer 2014-current, Crescent Cove Pediatric Hospice
- Hospice Volunteer, Our Lady of Peace Hospice
- Reiki Master
- Yoga Teacher (200 hours) and Yoga Calm Instructor
- Wilderness-based canoeing and backpacking guide, Camp Widjiwagan
Marking a transition in life? Together we create personalized ceremonies that span the lifetime.
Family Directed After Death Care
Offering guidance for hands and heart-centered approach to the after-death care through body care, ritual, and ceremony.
I speak locally and nationally about Creating Ritual and Ceremony, Home Vigils, Ceremony, Green Burials and Holding Space for grief and loss.